Why Micron Storage Technology for Aerospike?
The Aerospike database is highly optimized to run on flash and SSD devices. Micron offers two high-performance storage technology solutions, both of which leverage the high throughput of NVMe™ for Aerospike-based applications:
For PCIe/NVMe-based flash: The high-performance Micron 9300 SSD with NVMe is among the fastest flash-based SSDs on the Aerospike certifications list and a great match for performance-focused workloads. The Micron 9300 delivers industry-leading sequential write performance with some of the lowest average write latency of any NAND-based SSD on the market.
For PCIe/NVMe-based 3D XPoint: One of the fastest SSDs in the world, the Micron X100 SSD with NVMe provides game-changing performance for big data applications and transactional workloads. With its new 3D XPoint nonvolatile technology and an x16 Gen3 PCIe interface, the Micron X100 demonstrated superior performance* across a variety of workloads compared to the fastest NAND-based SSDs certified for use with Aerospike.
Groundbreaking Latency: The Micron X100 achieved 8GB/s of storage throughput at 19µs of latency and far outperformed the NAND-based SSDs in benchmark operations per second at dramatically lower latency, with up to 10x improvements in 99.9% latency along with more than 2x higher database ops/s.
In addition, the X100 shows lower tail 99% and 99.9% latency across nearly all the tested workloads and uses half the CPU/power resources with far greater power efficiency.
*Download the Micron test results: Micron X100 SSD Transforms Performance on the Aerospike NoSQL Data Platform.
By reducing infrastructure complexity and cost when compared to legacy NoSQL databases, Aerospike helps enterprises to access more functionality in modern hardware and overcome data bottlenecks. Some comparative metrics from the “Micron X100 SSD Transforms Performance on the Aerospike NoSQL Data Platform” white paper on test results (above).
High Performance & Extremely Low Latency
- Achieve 8GB/s of storage throughput at 19µs of latency
- Find 10x improvements in 99.9% latency along with more than 2x higher database ops/s
Consistent Results & Scalability
- Get superior performance across a variety of workloads (ex: YCSB)
- Discover high QoS even for terabyte-scale databases with dynamically changing data
Flexibility & Good TCO
- Deploy in data center or cloud, in the core or the edge
- Achieve power efficiency, as shown by 2X better database operations/watt
- Reduce CPU utilization from 67% to 40%
- Customer Experience
- Fraud Prevention
- Internet of Things
- Payment Processing
- Recommendation Engines
- White Paper: Micron X100 SSD Transforms Performance on the Aerospike NoSQL Data Platform
- Video: Shredding the Aerospike Envelope Using the Micron X100 SSD
- Video: Micron X100, the World’s Fastest SSD
- Video: Turning Big Data Into Big Value With the Micron X100 NVMe SSD
- Micron Blog by Wes Vaske: Using Namespaces on the Micron 9300 NVMe SSD to Improve Application Performance
- Micron recommendation engines feature: Create Unique Suggestions for Every User
- Micron X100 with NVMe product page: 3D XPoint™ technology for the data center
- Micron 9300 SSD with NVMe product page: our flagship NAND performer, one of the fastest SSDs in the ACT
- Micron’s New Class of Nonvolatile Memory: 3D XPoint
- Technical Brief: How NVMe Will Revolutionize Server and Storage IO